Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

Writing

 Success Criteria:

I have proof-read my writing to ensure I have:

  • Juicy sentence starters

  • Correct punctuation - Capital letters, full stops, commas, speech marks, exclamation and question marks.

  • A speech conversation in the body of my writing

  • A simile in the body of my writing

  • Read my writing to ensure it makes sense.


14 September 2021


WALT:  Follow the sequence of Narrative writing

Title: The 2 BFF’s  and the Bull


On a cloudless, sunny day, at approximately 3pm in the sizable paddock on the dairy farm situated in the Far North of New Zealand.  Lola & Izzy were trying to find something to do.  Lola was wearing a strippy  suit and blue farm overalls over them. She has long blonde flowing hair.  Izzy was wearing the exact same thing except she has short ginger hair. Lola’s personality is kind and caring, Izzy’s personality is also kind and caring but we can both be a little bit bossy sometimes. While they were in the paddock looking for something to do, Lola found a bunch of pretty flowers and started to teach Izzy how to make pretty chains.  Suddenly Izzy looked up and found lots of big, scary, mean  bulls in the very same paddock!


Problem

As Izzy & Lola were thinking of a plan Lola found the four seater red and black  motorbike  that they had used to get in the paddock. However the motorbike was beyond far away from where they were.  Luckily Izzy and Lola were very fast as they were running to the bike.  The bulls were getting angrier and angrier, “Phew finally we got there,” they groaned. Lola and Izzy hopped onto the motorbike and drove home safely. Telling  their Mum and Dad all about what had happened and how they escaped from the big, scary, mean bulls! 




Self Assessment:


      What I liked about my writing: 

  • I wrote juicy sentences

  • I did not use boring words

  • I used capital letters


      What I need to do to improve my writing; 

  • I need to be able to do all of my writing myself

  • I need to stay on task

  • Improve my proof-reading skills






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.